Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Favourite facial mask and a product I have been loving lately

Hi Everyone!
I hope you are all doing well.
Today µI wanted to share a facial mask that I like to do, I'm a bit lazy during the week but during weekends I like to do them.
Sometimes I even do one in the morning then another in the evening to give my skin a boost for the week, if that makes any sense. :)
So I found this one on the website http://www.becomegorgeous.com/
 and here it goes:
Oatmeal, Lemon Juice and Apple Facial




  • Trust the healing and cleansing effect of these natural ingredients and combine them into a magical treatment. Use a blender to mix ½ cup of cooked oatmeal, ½ apple chopped into tiny chunks and 2 tsp of organic lemon juice. Cleanse your skin first then apply the mask either only on the delicate sections or all over your face. Leave the treatment on for 15 minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water.









  • I usually do it without the apple (I prefer eating my apples, thank you very much :) but I tried it once and it was really nice, I also tried substituting the apple with some fresh tomatoes and it worked wonders.
    I don't like to use tomatoes on their own as I found that it can sting a bit on my sensitive skin and it also ends up feeling itchy so I can't keep it on as long as I should. But with the oatmeal in the mix I don't get that problem and my skin feels squeaky clean and soft afterwards.

    Tell me what you think of it if anyone tries it and also please share your own recipes as I like to switch things up and try new masks every one in a while.

    The next thing I'm gonna tell you about is a product that I got back in December from Sephora and I found myself using it almost every day to do my makeup especially when I'm not at home or when I need to get ready fast, for example for work. It's a Cargo palette. I didn't really know this brand before buying this palette but I've bought some more items from the brand since I'm really liking it.





    So as you can see it's a neutral colour palette, it might not look like much compared to other brands but I like it because it has these little +'s that I can't ignore :)

    First: the colours are neutral but not matte, I'm not sure you will be able to see it on the photos but some of these colours (the outer corner and lid) have a slight shimmer going on, it's subtle enough that I can wear it at work but it has that brightening effect that I really really need in the morning, if you know what I'm talking about (I wake up at 6am every morning >_<').

    The browbone colour is completely matte and I like that because I think that having shimmer under your brows in a work environement like mine can be considered as a bit OTT. Also it's very blendable and I can also use it as an inner corner colour to give me that open and awake look.

    The lid colour now is quite special because it has these shimmers that I hadn't noticed at first but I quite like them. The texture is easily blendable and buildable too, you can use it as a slight wash of colour, in which case you see the shimmer a bit more, or you can "pack it" on the lid. With a good primer and base this will last all day and it will look vibrant. Sometimes I don't bother using the outer corner colour because I like to keep it as simple as possible. I think this colour would also suit any kind of complexion. I'm an nc42/43 btw.



    I don't usually use a crease colour so I use this as a lid colour, I use it on my entire lid just like the lid colour above, it gives the same effect but a bit darker because it has a sort of peachy undertone. I also use it as an outer lid colour when using light gold eyeshadows such as the browbone colour on the wet'n wild "Walking on Eggshells" Palette.


     I will add a picture for reference so you can see what I'm talking about. It's a combination that I like.


    This is the outer corner colour. I usually use it as outercorner colour but most of the time I use it as a crease colour, when I use the lid colour of the same palette, they blend very well together visually and also the colour combination is quite interesting.

    When using this palette I usually curl my lashes with a heated lash curler (just to make sure that the curl will hold all day) and my actual favorite mascara: the Lash Architect 4D by Loréal.
    It has those tiny fibers that make your lashes look super loooooong. :)

    This is one of the looks I did using the palette, I hope you guys will like it. Feel free to suggest more look ideas and colour combinations, I can't wait to try new looks.
    See you soon with some new looks, until then take care.

    See you! Bye!

    Sonam



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts, it’s very much appreciated!
    Don’t hesitate to post suggestions here and also the links to your own blogs so that I can come visit ^^ and share the love <3
    Be sure to check back again, because I’ll respond to your comments as soon as I can.
    All SPAM will be deleted. Attacks on myself or other mean and unhelpful comments will be deleted too.
    See you! Bye!